Sunday, February 28, 2010

Recipe: Sticky Lemon & Honey Chicken


I was never a fan of Lemon Chicken; I always thought it's too sweet. I read through this recipe and it looked like the ingredients would give a perfect balance of flavor.
My cooking instincts didn't fail me. Although it is not the traditional Chinese Lemon Chicken, I can now say that I like Lemon Chicken. There was a perfect balance of flavors from the honey, vinegar and soy sauce.

Reasons why I'm gonna cook this again (aside from flavor):
- the recipe was very easy to follow. even a new cook can do this without breaking a sweat
- simple ingredients
- ready in 30-40 minutes
- uses just one pan (i hate doing the dishes!)



3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this. Thanks for the link. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are supposed to eat 'lemon garlic chicken' tonight. What a coincidence! Maybe I should try it, too. I am using breast though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @michelle: it's so good! I also convinced another friend of mine to try it too!

    @joyce: chicken breasts have no chance in our kitchen. Before I can even reach for the chicken breasts the husband appears from nowhere and says "get the thighs or legs or wings please"

    ReplyDelete