Saturday, February 27, 2010

Restaurant: Kindee (Minneapolis, MN)

They were awarded the Best Thai Award by MetroMix.com.
Kindee is located right in front of Guthrie Theater. A small place with modern Thai interior, the place offers a menu with classic Thai drinks and dishes with a western twist.
I forgot what drink I ordered but I think it was something like Snap Dragon Riesling? The menu said that it's perfect with spicy Thai food which we later proved true. My husband ordered Chang which he thought tasted like San Miguel but I thought it tasted more like tamarind beer. We may argue on the flavor but we both agreed it's a good beer so kudos to our server for recommending it.
I started off with Tom Yum soup with shrimp. It's not the best Tom Yum soup around but it had good amount of heat enough to wake up your palette. We also ordered Tamarind Wings. If you are familiar with spicy Thai tamarind, imagine juicing that and using it to coat crispy chicken wings - sweet, sour, spicy on crispy chicken skin...yum-o!

I ordered Green Curry with chicken and shrimp. Soup spicy curry + fluffy white jasmine rice = happy me :) My husband loved this and he's never been a fan of curry. My husband got Thai Basil Fried Rice with Shrimp and Egg. I wasn't able to try the shrimp nor the egg but the sauce alone would have been a good dish on its own since it's full of flavor.
For dessert, my husband ordered a banana-base item which is really just Turon with drizzled chocolate syrup. I ordered, Lychee Panna Cotta. Extremely light, perfect amount of sweetness, and I wanted more and more and more.

All in all we spent 77 bucks including tip and tax.

I haven't been to a lot of Thai restaurants around so I can't really say if Kindee is indeed the best Thai restaurant. Basing it from the ambiance, food, service and price, I'd have to say that Kindee is a good Thai restaurant and I will probably drop by again before I go back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment