Sunday, April 3, 2011

Restaurant: Wee Nam Kee

We wanted to see what's over at Ayala Triangle so we decided to have our dinner at Wee Nam Kee - this place that serves Hainanese Chicken Rice.

I thought the food in general was ok but I don't think it's something I would crave for a lot. The Fish Fillet and Beancurd with Tausi (lower right) did not really offer anything special; it tasted much like your typical Chinese dish and I thought it could probably still improve its flavor.

I liked the Sambal Kangkong (not in picture) but my friend thought it tasted much like Chowking's Kangkong with Bagoong - I agreed with her but I thought Wee Nam Kee's version is cooked better and is wee bit spicier which adds a little surprise in each bite.

The main star of course is the Hainanese Chicken Rice. We all ordered our chickens steamed so I'm not really qualified to give a review of the roasted version. Also, I'm not qualified to compare it to the original version in Singapore since I've never been there. So being the uneducated person that I am, I thought it had good flavor and I enjoyed how perfectly the sauce complements the flavor of the chicken. That was until I got to the middle part of the chicken where it was still cold and it seemed undercooked. Was it supposed to be cooked that way? If it was then I really won't too excited to try out the original.

Overall, the place, the food and the price were ok but I just hope they had better quality control.

No comments:

Post a Comment