Thursday, April 7, 2011

Restaurant: Crave Burger

Crave Burger just opened up in Congressional Ave. so when I craved for a burger earlier, I thought it would be a good time to try it out.
We ordered Onion Rings for our side dish and we were not really too enthused about it. We found the rings to be oily, too heavy on the batter and lacking in flavor. Even the dipping sauce that came with it didn't do the rings any better.
Both my husband and I got the Crave Ultimate Burger. Their burger patty is probably the thickest I've seen but on the downside it is a little bit small in diameter. I think their patty can use a little bit more seasoning for more flavor and can be cooked better for that good beef juice. Their bread is very thick that it overpowers the flavor of the already bland burger patty. I also hardly noticed the bacon in the burger, not much flavor and no crisp at all - my husband was even surprised when I told him that there's a bacon somewhere in there.

It is pretty obvious that I wasn't turned into a fan of this place. My husband who is pretty easy to please when it comes to food could only say "nothing special" at the end of the meal. They give a free key chain for every order of this burger but I think it's gonna take more than just a free key chain (probably better bread and patty) to make us crave for their burgers.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! probably but dry and bland don't really spell out great burger. I guess the only up side is that the patty is thicker compared to other burger places here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try mo sa burgr project! maginhawa street lang sya, make your own burger!

    or charlie's the best talaga

    check this out narin, parang checklist ko na yan kung ano na nakainan ko, hehe

    http://www.ourawesomeplanet.com/awesome/2011/03/the-battle-of-the-best-burgers-in-manila.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  3. i try not to look at other blogs para makaiwas kopyahan. :) I just like randomly selecting food places.

    I've seen the Burger project and it has been recommended by my cousin too but never pa ko kumain. Maybe next time I crave for one. :)

    ReplyDelete