Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Recipe: Mango con Hielo

Mangoes are very popular in the Philippines. I myself am a big fan - I love them whether on their own or part of a meal recipe . Luckily, I grew up with free supplies of fresh mangoes coming from my father's farm so I had the chance to eat 1 to 2 whole mangoes per meal and be creative with our supply - Mango Jam, Ref Mango Cake and my favorite refreshing treat, Mango con Hielo.

I don't know if this can even be called a recipe cos it's too easy to make. Probably 10 minutes tops to prep and put together.

Mango con Hielo

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk
  • sugar (or honey if your prefer)
  • ice
  • 1 whole ripe mango, diced
Directions:
  • In a small bowl combine the milk and sugar. Adjust sugar according to taste and how sweet your mango is.
  • Put equal amounts of ice in each of the serving bowl.
  • Put equal amounts of mango slices in each of the serving bowl.
  • Pour in the milk syrup
  • Serves 2

No comments:

Post a Comment