Sunday, February 21, 2010

Recipe: Arroz Caldo by Cristeta


Cristeta Comerford is the first woman and first Filipina to be named White House Executive Chef. She was granted this position during the Bush administration and has been retained by the Obama's. She gained more popularity when she competed with Bobby Flay against Batali and Lagasse in Iron Chef America.


Her recipe is pretty much the same as the Arroz Caldo my folks would cook at home. The only thing that's different is the milk. I've never had Arroz Caldo with milk before but I think from now on, I'm cooking Arroz Caldo the Cristeta way.


2 comments:

  1. It's pretty much the same way I cook this but yes, no milk. I wonder why there's milk? :D Did it make a lot of difference? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's creamier. It's like thicker chicken sopas with rice instead of noodles :)

    ReplyDelete