Saturday, February 6, 2010

Restaurant: Brasa Rotisserie

Brasa was awarded "Best Restaurant" by MetroMix Twin Cities. Brasa is an original of Minneapolis but the place became so popular that they decided to open another branch in Saint Paul. You can choose to order family style or individual meals and mix match different kinds of meat and sides.
It reminds me of those "inihaw" places back in Manila but in my opinion Brasa's food is more tender and has less fat. Perfect saltiness, crispy skin and juicy meat perfectly describe the Brasa's Rotisserie Chicken - very close to KRR's chicken. I thought at first that the Pork Shoulder was bland but as we continued to nibble and nibble the citrus-y flavor of the fork-tender meat started to come out. I had a little help from the Mexican hot sauce to give the pork a little more kick. The Beef Roast is love. The sweet-spicy sauce goes very well with the well-seasoned and extremely tender beef. They also serve Coca-Cola in a 12oz bottle which they call Mexican Coke - I know it's not that special but this reminded me of how Coke was back when I was still in school. :)

We spent 38 bucks (tip included) for - 2 orders of white bean soup, 1/4 rotisserie chicken, 2 meats (which includes 2 sides) and Mexican Coke.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Finally! I love Brasa. I had been to the Mpls one and didn't realize that they now have it in St. Paul, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! I'm so glad the one in St Paul is just 15 minutes away.

    ReplyDelete